- DON’T try to pick him apart. Offer a listening ear and a word or two of advice, but know that you can still trust him to resolve his own issues. Badgering him about his life or poking and prying into his past will only drive him away. Show him you can be mature, and then he’ll bare his heart to you.
- DON’T complain constantly. What could be less attractive than someone who whines all day about trivial things? No guy wants to be overwhelmed with your problems. It’s good for you to share, and he should certainly be there when you really need a shoulder to cry on. But he also needs to know that you’re capable of fixing some things on your own.
- DON’T be a nag. If something is really bothering you, have a conversation about it—but don’t bring it up every minute, as this will irritate him. Remember that a relationship is not about trying to change people, but about appreciating your lover for who they really are.
- DON’T act insecure. Any man will love it if you appreciate him, but acting clingy or mistrustful will only drive him further from you. Enjoy your own hobbies and your own friends, and let him do the same with his. Both of you will love each other all the more for having independent lives.
- DO give him your attention. The knowledge a woman is clearly thinking about him will drive a man wild. Of course, this doesn’t mean you should fawn over him day and night. Know when to turn it on, such as when you two are on a romantic date. He’ll love the feeling that at the right moment, he’s got your complete and undivided attention!
- DO consider what he likes. The last thing you want is for your boyfriend to become bored or frustrated. Show interest in his passions and he’ll love sharing them with you! Each time you get him a gift or plan an outing, consider whether he’ll truly enjoy it. If both of you are having fun, you’re sure to grow ever closer.
- DO act confident around him. Love yourself and it will be easy for him to love you, as well. Show enthusiasm for the things you like, and don’t overreact if somebody else criticizes you. Express your true opinions and thoughts, and you’ll probably get a taste of how he really feels!
- DO give him enough space. Of course he wants to know you love him, but you don’t want him to feel smothered. There’s no need to interfere with everything in his life. If you show him that you are confident and mature, then he’s bound to treasure every minute he spends with you!
These were a few tips on how you can strengthen the bond of your love by avoiding things that can make your boyfriend go cold and part ways.